The My Chau Scholarship grants a bright student studying economics a prestigious scholarship.
‘We recognize that the opportunity we have here in the United States eludes many children in Viet Nam. Young minds need to be cultivated and children given a chance to grow and learn without the distraction and burden of adult concerns such as earning a living, paying bills, etc. We also share VNSF’s values, mission and belief that through education, the cycle of poverty can be broken and a nation can flourish. We hope this scholarship plays a role in ushering that change in Viet Nam.’ — Donors
Where the money goes
Annual scholarship amount: $1000
Scholarship recipient criteria:
- Area of Study: Economics or Social Science
- Financially need
- University level
- Minimum GPA of 8.5
- Living in Sai Gon
- Our local contacts in each province collect applications from children
- Applications are pre-screened against our scorecard
- Students who meet our requirements are interviewed in their homes in March
- The Scholarship Acceptance Committee selects which students will receive scholarships
- Scholarships are dispursed before the term begins
- Student grades are reported at the end of each term.
- For new applicants, acceptance and rejection letters are sent in the Fall.
- For existing students, warning letters are sent to students whose grades jeopardize their status for scholarhip renewal.